Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oscar Wilde, this man is not.

Gritsforbreakfast. That is his name. Gritsforbreakfast. There was no real name in his “about me” section. So, before I get to Gritsforbreakfast’s post, I have to ride him for being childish enough to succeed in not posting his name in his profile.

As for the post I read, Grits took a completely valid position on a county jail in Howard, Texas being overcrowded. He was a good boy by giving us external links to actual numbers that show how many people were in the county jails, as well as the actual fine print of various laws, and even a PDF guide showing alternative methods to help keep the population under control in the jails. But, this guy is horrible. He cannot write to save his life, unless we broaden the definition to those who can spell. He had just terrible sentence structures, and he could not have been anymore droll in his language. Grits had no panache in his writing nor did he have subtly. He just presented facts, and blatantly stated his opinion. A good post would have presented the fact, but the language used would have had underlying connotations which displayed the writer’s emotion toward the subject. I understand I am not following any of my critique right now, but that is simply due to the fact that I am writing a critique of this guy. There is no subtle way to describe just how lackluster this Grits is. So, Mr. Gritsforbreakfast, learn how to add tact to your writing. It will go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment